Senior Software Engineer
We're a VC backed Insurtech startup that already has global insurer customers and are looking for a Rockstar
Senior Data scientist to join our fast-growing engineering team in London!
Our mission is to enable insurers to settle claims in under 24 hours, so their customers get immediate support at the moment they need it the most. How about joining us to change the face of insurance with market-leading AI?
Notes on the type of profile/personality we’d like to see.
Serious about processes, precise and detail-oriented. Someone who enjoys building tight reliable projects with high-quality stress-tested code. Not married to specific technologies, but won’t push new ones just because he wants to try them out. Very serious about infrastructure security, cost and reliability. Looks for the best solution for the clients rather than the easier for us.
Most of his experience in Startups. Managed teams of dev using agile and continuous integration methodologies.
At BlockClaim, you will:
- Build and deploy infrastructure for real-time applications to interact with big data sets
- Support complex back-end services that can scale along with our expanding dataset.
- Collaborate with and help to organise the dev team in an agile environment
- Design technical solutions to match challenges faced by developers in the course of their work, whether they are related to the development environment, code analysis, testing frameworks, or build system.
- Continuously improve our build, tests and release pipeline, focusing on its quality, traceability and reproducibility.
- Define and driving adoption of best practices and processes around code quality and maintainability
- Influence, and contribute to our systems design and code in a way that can drive improvements in our release process or in testability.
- Ensure the necessary information flows between all the teams involved in our development and release process through automated means.
- 5+ years of experience programming in Python/Java/Scala or C++
- Experience building out REST APIs
- Experience writing statically-typed object-oriented code
- Version controlled code using Git
- Thrive in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment)
- Experience utilizing third-party APIs including real-time data streams
- Experience with cloud architecture and scalable microservices
If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org